R3 is revolutionizing the way the world does business with our blockchain platform, Corda. If you are up for a fast-paced ride on the leading edge of software, then R3 is the place for you. We are seeking a qualified Technical Writer to help us drive this revolution. While we pride ourselves on good documentation, we want you to help us make it great.
As a technical writer on our engineering team you will be responsible for translating our designs and development into instructions, lessons and documentation that can help developers and IT Professionals create solutions for and successfully deploy Corda.
The technical writer will have oversight of the creation of documentation in a singular and consistent voice. They will ensure all our technical content is readily understood by our customers and users. This role is a key part of our quality process in developing great software. The core of this will be our online product documentation for both our open source and commercial offerings. This content will be tailored to separate audiences, primarily developers and IT Professionals. Additionally, the technical writer is responsible for our canonical training in the form of online training that is redelivered in various other formats.
As a clear communicator you'll help us to deliver a consistent voice in our content that maintains our customers view of Corda as an elegant solution. As an advocate for your readers you'll hold our engineering team to delivering quality content that you can use to convey complex ideas. As a brand champion you'll also help us with a consistent representation of Corda in our external facing communications that target a technical audience.
You will not only be helping us to develop great quality content but have the opportunity to build your own brand. A great technical writer in this capacity will not only deliver structured content but deliver insightful content on our blog and other channels. We believe a great technical writer understands their audience, so we welcome the opportunity for you to meet with our customers and get your finger on the pulse of the industry. Blockchain is a hot topic and we welcome a quality voice representing R3 in the community.
Being results oriented you will help us to deliver quality content on time, in a predictable manner. You will be a part of our development process and hold the engineering team accountable for delivering the raw content you need to achieve success. Your focus on quality will be aided by creation of a consistent feedback loop from our users.
- Overall content strategy to influence the thinking and approaches used by our developer and IT professional audiences.
- Mentoring more junior peers so they can make meaningful and timely contributions to the Corda and Corda Enterprise documentation.
- Developer documentation for Corda and Corda Enterprise.
- Subject matter expert for deployment and operations documentation for Corda and Corda Enterprise.
- Continuously improve online developer training.
- Lead content editing for the Corda blog.
- Own the localisation process for relevant documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Writing or relevant technical field providing an advanced understanding of tasks and skills required to be an excellent Technical Writer.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and with grammatical accuracy.
- Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects with tight deadlines and time-critical deliverables through their entire life cycle.
- Experience interviewing experts such as software developers to elicit essential content.
- Experience using multiple authoring tools.
- Familiarity with software development process.
- Design. Prior experience with preparing graphic designs including diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
- Curiosity. Blockchain is a complex collection of technology so a curious nature will give you the drive to understand it in detail and convey it simply to others.
- Development skills. Familiarity with Java or other development languages.
- Experience developing or delivering training.
* Please attach writing samples to your application to this role in order to be considered *