Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
“Provide the gateway to extraordinary talent through effective partnership and superior tactics.”
The Talent Acquisition Team at Improbable operates a unique, embedded model which draws heavily on Agile principles to enhance recruitment excellence. This recent transformation has revolutionised our approach to hiring during 2019 and we continue to create modern recruitment techniques that provide a competitive advantage.
- Identify and engage with exceptional talent from across the globe using the most effective tactics available in order to deliver rapidly within Sprints
- Meticulously customise and articulate compelling, creative outreach to inspire and entice exceptional talent
- Develop superior, well-groomed talent pipelines with a meaningful emphasis on diversity through a variety of hiring channels including referrals and events
- Validate the Improbable values, candidate motivations and capabilities through pitch & screen conversations
- Optimise and deliver world-class (with an emphasis on early stage) candidate experience, ensuring timely and frequent communication and engagement
- Map competitors, markets and industry verticals to gather intelligenceParticipate in projects and initiatives to improve talent acquisition at Improbable
- Substantial recruitment pedigree from an agency or search environment
- Experience in-house with a reputable ‘technology first’ business, with a particular emphasis on hiring exceptional Engineering talent against stern competition
- Deep appreciation and respect for the fundamentals of quality sourcing & talent acquisition, but creative, curious and innovative when considering tactics to gain a competitive advantage
- Exceptional command of written English - compelling, influential, thoughtful and articulate
- Comfortable using an array of hiring sources, channels and techniques
- At home during events and meet-ups, pitching and networking effectively
- A command centre set up of sourcing tools, extensions and other efficiencies
- Extraordinary at the ordinary - LinkedIn mastery, boolean accuracy, timely follow-ups etc
For a comprehensive overview of the role and our team, visit our briefing pack: https://bit.ly/2KQjzuA
N.b. Whilst we think the competencies above could be important, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from all backgrounds and experiences. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the requirements, then please still apply!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.