About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves affordable and simple access to legal services.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the largest and most widely used online legal service platforms in the world. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company's history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Technical Program Manager to help us build the most simple and affordable legal services experience on the planet.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects across different technical teams in different locations, planning and prioritising resources and sprints, and spec’ing out new features and product enhancements. You will work directly with product managers and engineering leads to manage various cross-functional programs. You will also be responsible for coordinating projects with strategic partners who offer Rocket Lawyer products and services to their own customers.
To succeed, you must have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management across globally distributed teams. As a key member of the product and technology team, your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers as well as establish the Rocket Lawyer Platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
- Own successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional programs and initiatives
- Work with the engineering team for roadmap planning, dependency identification and resource planning
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately, driving them to closure in a timely manner
- Partner with cross-functional teams involved in each program to track critical milestones and dependent work streams
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and business intelligence teams in support of our business objectives
- Proactively identify potential risks and create contingency plans
- Work with external partners to develop and execute integration projects
- Triage operational issues and manage feature requests by strategic partners offering Rocket Lawyer to their constituents
- 4+ years experience in managing complex technical projects involving product innovation, eCommerce, data analytics, infrastructure migration and program management
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead technical teams
- A deep understanding of SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Impeccable communication skills
- Strong ability to manage through ambiguity and to handle multiple priorities
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success
- Passionate about the legal tech industry and Rocket Lawyer’s mission