About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves affordable and simple access to legal services.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the largest and most widely used online legal service platforms in the world. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company's history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Position
Are you interested in building products used by millions of people? Do you enjoy leading and empowering talented engineers? Rocket Lawyer is seeking a Software Engineering Manager that is passionate about building mobile and desktop web applications to grow and lead engineering teams in London. This is a permanent, full-time position.
A Day in the Life
- Lead 1-2 teams of software engineers
- Lead the team to continuously ship products and enhancements to Rocket Lawyer quality standards, and diligently measures the results
- Manage the selection process for new hirings, and on-board new starters
- Review and contribute to architecture and design documentation
- Define and implement industry-leading engineering practices
- Promote best practices to the wider engineering community
- Facilitate well thought-out technical decisions
- Help team members continuously improve and refine their working practices
- Coach and mentor team members when required
- Encourage your team members' professional development
- Be hands on when required with the day to day development and spend a part of the day writing code or building framework that the teams can adopt and implement.
- 5+ years experience building web applications
- 1-2 years experience line management within an Agile environment
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficient in leading engineers to deliver good quality and clean code
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in the team’s (CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Experience in recruiting and hiring Software Engineers
- Passionate about software security, performance and scaling
- Understanding of the concepts of situational and servant leadership
- Understanding and experience in building mobile first e-commerce platforms
- Experience with building microservices
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, design patterns and good OOP principles
- Experience integrating with back-end services via REST APIs
Nice to have