Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a Software Engineer in the Unreal GDK team you will leverage your knowledge of the Unreal Engine to empower our customers to iterate faster on building larger, more complex, and more innovative games.
The Unreal GDK Team provides the way most game developers will access the underlying SpatialOS technology. Our work is critical to Improbable’s mission success. We frequently find ourselves operating with new concepts and solving fascinating problems.
- You will utilise your understanding of C++ and Unreal Engine to work on our Unreal GDK plugin, expanding and allowing access to the SpatialOS Tech in a fashion that meshes well with Unreal developer workflow.
- You will leverage your experience and pragmatism to help find the best architecture and implementation for multi-server support for the Unreal GDK.
- You will use your strong communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external teams.
- Your knowledge and passion for game development will enable you to understand the customer needs and experience while building our product.
- Your troubleshooting and debugging skills will allow you to unravel complicated customer problems and negotiate dependencies.
- You will utilize your experience in C++ to implement custom coding solutions.
- You will establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches
- You will collaborate with internal and partner teams to develop features for the Unreal GDK
- You will be responsible for researching potential solutions to technical challenges
- You will utilize your strong communication and customer focussed skills to provide support for internal and partner game teams.
- You will participate in general debugging
- You will use your experience to help solve any performance and optimisations within our code base
- You will be responsible for writing automated tests.
N.b. Whilst we think the competencies above could be important, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from all backgrounds and experiences. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the requirements, then please still apply!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.