Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As part of the Improbable Games Operating Platform is to make launching games uneventful. The Core Security team is a key part of this mission, by building and running services and tools that allow games studios and Improbable to release their games on time, securely, and at the correct scale.
You will join a team of mixed security engineers and software engineers, working closely together to enable Improbable engineering teams to do their best work. You will have the opportunity to build tools for our security engineers, and build services to extend the security of the platform, allowing both our Games and Realities business unit, to solve large scale, complex problems in a safe and secure manner.
Areas for Impact
Our Core Security team is focused on enabling our colleagues and customers to build and interact with the Improbable platforms safely, scalably and effectively.
- You’ll have the opportunity to create new tooling and services that will enable both the security team to be more efficient and the whole company to be more secure.
- The Core Security team makes a lot of StreamAlert, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the maintainers of this open source solution to extend its use both for us and the community.
- You will use your experience working on distributed systems, to help Improbable build systems that are operable, scalable and reliable.
- You will use your experience to help shape our platform architecture and you’ll help harden those existing services to ensure Improbable’s products are secure.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn and cross train with Security Engineers.
- Experience coding in Python, Golang, C++, Java or Ruby.
- Extensive experience working on large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or any other large scale cloud platforms
- Experience developing security applications or tooling.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with any of the following
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.