iTech Media is a values-led, Talent first and rapidly scaling, online media company operating in a hugely demanding, competitive and innovative sector. This necessitates hiring and retaining the sharpest and most adaptable people in technology in order to build the #1 digital teams in London & Warsaw. We service a rapidly growing network of over 150 sites across 50+ countries and 21 languages.
Founded in late 2015, we’re building diverse, talented and high-performing teams including Engineering, UX & Design, Content, SEO, Conversion Optimisation and of course, Product. We comprise an international team of over 100, vectored towards a compelling vision of building the #1 online digital media company in gaming.
Site Reliability Engineering at iTech Media combines Software Engineering with Systems Engineering (Infrastructure & Operations), in order to build and run secure highly secure, highly resilient and highly available systems, which work at huge scale.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Define best practices and methodologies for operating on vendor-neutral cloud architectures
- Ensure very high availability across globally distributed websites and platforms
- Contribute creative ideas to steer Infrastructure Operations and Design; using new technologies and advocating for best practices
- Define best practices and methodologies for operating on vendor-neutral heterogeneous cloud architectures
- Strengthen our release management and continuous deployment processes
- Ensure high security standards within infrastructure, and be a champion for security within engineering as a whole
- Design and implement creative strategies for systems deployment
- Build tools and systems to monitor and respond to notifications and alerts from critical systems
- Knowledge transfer and mentorship for other team members - within infrastructure, and in engineering as a whole
- Make Site Reliability at iTech Media a fun and rewarding place to be, by strengthening our amazing engineering culture
Ticket to play:
- Hands on experience doing all (or most of) what we’re looking for above!
- Experience working within a Site Reliability culture supported by Lean / Agile delivery methodologies
- Experience working in Engineering / Infrastructure environments of non-trivial complexity
- People who are smart and kind. We can teach tools; we can’t teach that.
- We're moving from Docker Swarm to Kubernetes - experience in K8s is required.
- Experience building Bare Metal infrastructure.
A flavour of our stack:
- Bare Metal
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana)
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
• Yearly training budget of £1000.
• Annual company retreat to have fun, team build and grow together. Previous destinations include Marrakech, Mykonos, Mexico and Thailand.
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
• 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
• Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
• Annual travel season ticket loan.
• In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
• Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
• Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
• Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
• Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
• Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
• Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%.
Our ambition is to build the Number 1 Online Media Company in Gaming, Worldwide!