About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
You will help design and improve our Ecommerce Architecture. You will be leading architecture workshops, be the voice of knowledge, helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability. We're expanding throughout Europe, and we're looking for brilliant engineers to help us with our global expansion.
- You enjoy, and are great at, figuring out what the product should do—not just how the implementation should work
- Creative. You'll spend the majority of your time building robust frameworks, designing the right abstractions so everyone else can use the abstraction safely, and writing code in a way that anticipates its own bugs and fails, safely.
- You are well-versed and have significant platform engineering experience in high-growth technology environments
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of the service platform
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their requirements
- Track record of designing scalable payment systems architecture
- Designing high performance and scalable architectures
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services/APIs
- Experience with standard Java 8 frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot
- Practiced test-driven development utilizing unit testing frameworks and automated testing tools
- Experience working in an agile/iterative environment
- Experience with git
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, thorough and organized
- Demonstrated success working with small, collaborative cross-functional teams