With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
At OakNorth, we look after our customer’s savings and reward them with market leading interest rates; and we lend money to the best British businesses and entrepreneurs to help them grow.
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager, who will:
- Be responsible for optimising the customer lifecycle: from the first time they hear about OakNorth’s digital product, through to identifying ways to increase our sign up conversion, through to building a long term loyal relationship.
- Care about winning the heart and mind of every customer who hears about us. You will build and refine the customer proposition to drive retention and NPS.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team of product managers, designers, engineers and marketers. You will provide the marketing and external customer view to the team, and will also ensure that the rest of the organisation is well informed about what is being worked on and why.
- Measure the performance of the product relative to our goal of building a loyal active customer base. You will be doing your own research to identify how well the product is serving our current market, and communicating back to the team.
- Understand how customers are interacting with the product at all stages and identifying ways to improve them. If there are some areas where we don’t have good data then you will suggest ways to get it.
You should apply if:
- You are obsessive about solving problems for customers and you have a diverse range of experience defining new customer propositions. Ideally you should have more than 5-6 years experience.
- You have examples creating a customer proposition that resonates with customers, really shows the company brand values (‘The Why’) and has built strong brand loyalty. You also have experience taking existing proposition and improving them through careful testing of alternative approaches.
- You get really excited about the products you work on and you like to tell stories to get everyone else excited too.
- You have experience of, and you enjoy, speaking to real customers regularly and disseminating your findings through the team and organisation.
- You take full ownership and accountability for your own work, however you work best as part of a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers and marketers.
- You have a strong point of view on the way design should be done, but appreciate that we’re still a startup and sometimes we need to be flexible and adapt.
- You are inquisitive and have a strong attention to detail. Banking experience isn’t a prerequisite; but you should be interested enough in the space to want to understand how banks work in detail.
If you think you meet the above then we would love to talk through your experience.
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.