We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to over 1 million homes and over 10,000 businesses (including Arsenal Emirates) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended supplier for 2 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, M&S Energy, Affect Energy, Octopus Energy Business Solutions, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Business Partner to take the lead for Finance across our Energy Supply businesses in the UK and other countries (we have several UK supply businesses, recently acquired one in Germany and will enter more countries). You will lead financial performance management, planning & analysis and bring alive insight around the actual and expected performance of energy supply businesses. You'll support / guide finance professionals in the business units, where they exist and be actively involved in acquisitions of customer books or supply business entities as opportunities arise.
What you'll do
- Forecast P&L / cash / BS, avoiding “surprises“ and helping business unit management make trade-offs
- Prepare monthly KPIs
- Monitor actual performance vs plan, including diagnostic and action plan if needed (working together with the business)
- Provide guidance to business management teams (forward looking and month-end review)
- Contribute to the Group month end reporting pack
- Work with key suppliers on arrangements that affect working capital - ad hoc analysis and deal support
- Work collaboratively with other teams (Partnerships, Marketing, Data Science, Operations, Tech)
What you'll need
- Be analytical but capable of working with stakeholders across the business to understand the operational realities of the numbers
- Have experience in FP&A activities and a good grasp of accounting if not CIMA or other accounting qualification
- Be able to present complex information in simple ways
- Be ready to roll up both sleeves and get stuck into complex modelling but also talk 'big picture' with senior stakeholders and key suppliers that you interact with
- Be fast paced in approach but understand that change in organisation requires engaging with people in different ways
- Be curious and open minded
- A degree from a top university
What you'll get
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit and decent coffee
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (several parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development as required (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!