Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Sales Development Team is a critical component of our growth plan. All inbound and outbound engagement with prospective customers starts with the SDR team. As a Outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be responsible for generating interest in Coursera by contacting prospects, presenting our solutions, and qualifying leads for our sales team. You will work closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure we operate as a seamless organization to build our pipeline of business.
The ideal individual will have experience with enterprise sales/partnerships and be interested in working for a social enterprise. Your knowledge of edtech, and enterprise learning combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities, will shape Coursera’s B2B business to help us provide more access to education globally.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Build a pipeline of leads for the sales team by reaching out to high-potential prospects
- Conduct effective discovery and qualification conversations with prospects through your deep understanding of our product value proposition and use cases
- Develop creative strategies for engaging and nurturing prospects using content, email, phone, social media and any other strategies that work!
- Partner closely with members of the sales and marketing teams to coordinate engagement strategies and improving processes
- Use your frontline knowledge of customer needs to educate the broader team on learnings and opportunities.
- A degree or professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications and listening skills
- Experience selling or marketing software or services and meeting a quota
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Experience with sales and or marketing tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, Marketo
- Fluency in Russian
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera
- Influencing People