This role is an exciting opportunity for a developer with 3+ years of Python experience. You'll be part of our centralised Platform Team partnering with product teams to maintain, improve, develop, document and implement our Python code used by a range of services including build systems, the test pipelines, static analysis and other internal frameworks used by software and QA engineers.
Need some more information? Emailchloe.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or queries!
- Work as part of our centralised Platform Team partnering with product teams to maintain, improve, develop, document and implement our Python code used by a range of services including build systems, the test pipelines, static analysis and other internal frameworks used by software and QA engineers.
- Play an active part in aiding troubleshooting of the pipeline, collating and prioritising feedback to input back into the roadmap for the Platform Team.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems in the applications code arising from code integrations.
- As with all Software Engineer roles at Foundry, you will help to ensure the quality, scalability, and extensibility of the code that we’re writing - starting with your own but extending to code reviews and design of others as well.
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- Experience of commercial software development
- Experience of Version Control Systems (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Experience of working independently to produce well structured, effective code for others to build on.
- Experience of task breakdown and estimation, proposing solutions for designs and issues within the team’s work.
- Good interpersonal skills for effective in-team communication.
- Experience with cross-platform development (Linux, Windows, OSX) preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension scheme & life assurance
Health cash plan & medical insurance
Season ticket loan
Company’s social events
Beer O’Clock Fridays
Learning & development plans
Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.