Products currently in the Compositing & Finishing Product Line are: Nuke, NukeX, Nuke Studio, Hiero, HieroPlayer, Ocula, and CaraVR
Product Managers play a key role in supporting the overall success of the Nuke product line. Reporting into the Group Product Manager for Compositing and Finishing, the Product Manager will work with a team of product managers and product designers to define the user requirements and use cases for the portfolio, clearly communicate the customer value and support the successful delivery of the product plans.
The Product Manager is responsible for delivering requirements across the product line that align to market opportunities, as defined by the Group Product Manager, effectively communicating those requirements across the business and externally.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, with the ability to communicate well with all areas of the company, a big-picture vision for workflows and product use cases, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems as well as time in the data to validate and justify business cases and performance.
This role will primarily focus on projects relating to color, file format support and image processing in the Nuke family and presents an exciting opportunity to work with technologies including OCIO, HDR, and file ingest in Nuke as well as artist facing features and workflows.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of the market and production workflows
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer needs, identifying and filling product gaps by generating new ideas and expanding out existing ideas
- Support the Group Product Manager in prioritising market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and prospects
- Document and communicate customer feedback, user needs, and workflows for the product and engineering teams and the wider business
- Translate product strategy into features and performance requirements that add value to existing and potential users, grow market share and improve customer experience across the product line
- Act as the product owner and single point of contact for the design and development team on features in development, representing the product management team and championing the customer voice throughout.
- Ensure good understanding of the portfolio’s themes and epics, understanding user goals and business value
- Work closely with the senior members of the engineering team to understand technical dependencies and requirements of features and workflows
- Own and maintain the product feature backlog to reflect priority changes and addition of new features
- Act as a subject matter expert for development team and product designers, providing insight, context and additional information as needed to help the understanding of customer use cases and what is required
- Define the acceptance criteria for your features
- Attend and be the voice of the customer in all relevant meetings, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Support the Group Product Manager in the creation and maintenance of market and product requirement documentation, business cases and plans, positioning and pricing
- Facilitate marketing/sales/channel/support training on product line, competitive analysis and related industry news
- When required represent the product management team internally and externally including tradeshows, media events, customers and pitching product roadmap to senior management
- Degree in VFX, Engineering or Computer Science
- Must have technology management experience or VFX production experience in a technical or artist role
- Excellent knowledge of VFX industry technology, in particular color, data types and file formats, and how these are used across a pipeline.
- Experience in working with OCIO, ACES, Camera file formats, Alembic, USD, and other standards a plus.
- Knowledge of Nuke, ability to demonstrate aspects of the product when needed
- Additional knowledge of similar packages, Flame, Resolve, and After Effects a plus
- Proven leadership and project management ability, excellent business judgment, and the ability to develop trusted relationships
- Self-starter with the maturity to work independently with a strong sense of urgency and reputation for producing the highest quality of work
- Curious nature, constantly seeking out new information and skills
- Proven track record as a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to drive to clear decisions
- Ability to balance multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytic skills and a record of measuring and analyzing results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
PERKS & BENEFITS.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance,Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Gym Discounts
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.