With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
Product Managers at OakNorth are responsible for building a product that delights our customers and drives key business objectives for the company. They are responsible for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry, so exceptional problems solving skills are crucial, especially when a lot is at stake.
- Contribute to the Product Vision with OakNorth Leadership.
- Turn missions from the Product Vision into a clear roadmap for the teams to execute against. You’ll also help your teams resolve any issues getting in their way and be accountable for keeping the rest of the company up to date.
- Take high level product ideas, turn them into very clear product requirements and resolve key contentious issues with experts through the company.
- Analyse important business metrics/problems, and turn complex situations into a clear and logical plan for optimisation
- A passion for solving important problems for customers using technology.
- Significant experience defining and delivering impactful products to customers.
- Experience owning the definition and delivery of key strategic initiatives or optimisation of key business metrics.
- Experience in a fast-moving organisation, and ability to make high quality decisions and get consensus.
- Earned trust with everyone you’ve worked with, at all levels.
- Natural curiosity, and a passion for learning new things.
- High standards of yourself and your teammates.
- Strong technical ability. In particular, a deep understanding of how technology products are built, and experience debating contentious issues with engineering teams.
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.