This role is an exciting opportunity for a developer of significant experience to help drive multiple projects aimed at helping our products get the maximum performance out of the available hardware. Initially focusing on Nuke® and NukeX®, you will work closely with the products’ engineering teams to help us identify, troubleshoot and streamline our current image processing engine’s performance characteristics on both CPU and GPU. Having extensive experience in optimising computationally complex and memory-intensive tasks, you’ll be able to work both at high and low levels - proposing radical new approaches to the architecture where appropriate, while being able to recognise and fix bottlenecks at a micro level. Your expertise in CPU and GPU architectures, coupled with your in-depth knowledge of interpreting the output from profilers such as VTune, Nsight and uProf will help us future-proof our products for the next generation of hardware.
You'll also help contribute to cross company decision making in this area, as well as being an evangelist across all of our product teams. As part of the evangelist elements of the role, you'll be responsible for spreading know-how across all these teams, and be sought out as an expert in your area when the opportunity arises. You'll help us review proposals for architecture changes across the business, maintaining a hands-on element of your role, keeping up to date with the latest and greatest.
Working across the Nuke family, you'll be part of the senior team pushing for adoption of best practise and modern technologies as well as acting as a goto person for unsticking teams when they are stuck. Using your expert level knowledge, you'll be responsible for knowledge-share, documentation, and development in the performance arena, as well as working on codebases within our products to keep your skills up to date and keeping an eye on our tech debt levels and opportunities for code reuse. You'll talk with customers and technology partners to build relationships, make technical recommendations, and help us strategise our technology plans across the business. This will then feed into your contribution to complex, long term, architectural decision making. To help you in this aim, you'll recognise and nurture architectural capability within our teams, helping us to build - and recruit - the next generation of architectural leaders.
- Degree in Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Commercial Experience (> 10 years) of modern programming practises (e.g. BDD, TDD, Code Review).
- Experience of architecting (and re-architecting) large scale software systems.
- Experience of optimising complex, parallel architectures using C++ and technologies such as CUDA, OpenCL, TBB.
- Experience of customer workflows and practises to aid leading technical design and requirement breakdown for the team.* Experience of customer facing communication and work, including custom contracts.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to share and propagate knowledge with the business.
- Developed, debugged, delivered and deployed software to customers worldwide.
- Experience of long term architectural design making and the clear communication of the pros/cons to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of programming using modern GPGPU APIs (CUDA/OpenCL/Metal).
- Knowledge of modern CPU and GPU architectures, bandwidths and memory constraints.
- Experience of cross OS development including Qt across Linux, OSX, and Windows.
- Experience of programming computer graphics and/or image processing applications in 2D/3D an advantage.
- Knowledge of post production and compositing an advantage.
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Conan/CMake an advantage.
Need some more information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or queries!
PERKS & BENEFITS.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Pension scheme & life assurance
• Health cash plan & medical insurance,
• Season ticket loan
• Company’s social events
• Beer O’Clock Fridays
• Gym memberships
• Learning & development plans
• Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.