Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Is to lead a team of Engineers within the Partner Engineering Team, where our mission is to provide the technical expertise required for our partner game studios to successfully develop and build their games with SpatialOS.
As an Engineering Manager at Improbable, you will lead and grow one of the teams working on multiple games/projects which are truly ahead of their time. We are inventing a new genre of video games where you can have persistent worlds which can host a significantly larger number of players and AI elements than ever before.
Our Partner Engineering team enable multiple projects to fulfil their potential and give them a great chance to be a pioneer in this new era of Video games. You will help shape the team’s vision for its success, through career development, mentoring, coaching, performance management, hiring and on-boarding.
Areas for Impact:
- As a manager, you will support your team and contribute towards the launch of future hit games through supporting our game studio partners with technical expertise and advice to implement the game features they need to successfully launch a hit Spatial game.
- You will use your experience in leading Engineering teams to Develop and Support the engineering talent within your team and helping them grow
- You will be responsible for driving engineering initiatives by helping with resource planning and road mapping to priorities for customer impactManage the high-level technical relationship with the partners, be the first point of escalation for the partners if needed.
- You will utilise your development knowledge and understanding of SpatialOS (after training) to help your Partner Engineers to solve complex game development scenarios for various projects.
- Your technical abilities will help you understand different codebases of AAA quality games and will be able to mentor and help Partner Engineers to quickly scale their games to handle a large number of players or add a ton of complex AI to the game and add persistence to the game or all of these.
- Your communication skills will help and enable you to be at ease with the customers and help and guide them towards success.
- Participating in Improbable’s hiring process to ensure that we are attracting and hiring exceptional talent.
For a comprehensive overview of the role and team, visit our briefing pack
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with any of the following:
- Experience leading and growing teams of Software Engineers.
- Experience working in either a games Engineering environment or leading engineering teams who work closely with external customers.
- A passion for developing, mentoring and supporting people.
- Experience working with internal and external customers
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
Please note that prior games industry experience is preferred by no means essential.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.