Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a Partner Engineer, you will leverage your knowledge of software engineering and customer engagement to help our customers iterate faster, building larger, more complex and innovative games using SpatialOS.
To ensure the success of SpatialOS as a platform for game development, Improbable offers support to companies and developers in a partner fashion. Contributing to games in prototype and production, worked on by AAA studios - you'll be a master of SpatialOS and gain an understanding of a game's infrastructure on par with core developers of the game.
An ideal candidate is someone who has developed extensively with C++ or low-level programming and has a good working knowledge of networked game development, engine integration or Gameplay development. If you are already comfortable dealing with issues like authority, latency, network reliability, and client-side prediction then you can already think in the right space.
Areas for Impact
- Using your extensive software engineering experience you’ll interface with customers to deliver bespoke solutions and successfully co-develop games using SpatialOS and our suite of tools.
- Working directly with our customers, you will establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
- You’ll build engine integration solutions and best practices to enable our partners to adopt our software successfully.
- You will become a master of SpatialOS engaging with multiple internal teams and a variety of customers, engines and technologies as we continue to grow.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and/or game development.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with external teams and stakeholders.
- Strong Software Engineering with flexibility in ambiguous environments
- Cloud computing
- Hunger to learn and improve.
Experience of the following would be advantageous
- Deep knowledge of C++ or C# and scripting skills are also desirable.
- Experience with implementing features for multiplayer games, games systems or engines.
- Broad experience is a big plus as there is lots of variety. Knowledge around networking, engine integration, middleware etc. is a big plus.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.