Mari® is 3D painting without limits, combining the power and performance to handle even the most complex assets with artist-friendly 3D paint tools that make the most of your creativity.
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead Mari’s Scrum team. You'll be responsible for the technical output of your team of no more than 5, by line managing them to work as a unit combining development and testing. To do this you will have some management experience, alongside good SDLC knowledge including Agile/Scrum, using these skills to lead phasing/estimating work for your team. You will interact with customers in areas of team expertise to understand and solve/mitigate any issues that arise as well as owning go/no go decisions for releases affecting your team.
The planning that informs these decisions will use your technical skills and experience to align the team around workable solutions, working with senior/principal engineers to ensure the proposed solutions are checked, validated and documented effectively. You'll line manage the team, ensuring their career development and managing performance where relevant. As the person responsible for their delivery, you'll liaise with stakeholders internally and externally to ensure that tech debt is flagged and resolved, and that prioritisation and allocation of the team is in line with priorities and expectations. You'll ensure the team are happy, motivated, and productive, taking responsibility for hiring decisions in conjunction with the Engineering Manager to ensure team fit, as well as resolving conflict/disagreement where it occurs.
If you would like more info, email Chloe.firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Bachelor-level degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Commercial Experience (> 5 years) of modern programming practises (e.g. OOP, BDD, TDD, Code Review)
- Experience of acting as the leader of a Scrum team of > 4 people, including line management
- Experience of running an Agile team (e.g. using Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Experience of hiring decisions through assessing technical skills and team fit
- Experience of customer workflows and practises to aid leading technical design and requirement breakdown for the team
- Experience of customer-facing communication and work, including custom contracts
- Developed, debugged, delivered and deployed software to distributed customers
- Strong C++ including C++11
- Experience of cross-OS development across Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Experience with any of the following:
- Computer graphics and/or image processing (e.g. OpenGL, Vulcan, Metal)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- VFX pipeline and process experience
- Experience with digital painting tools (e.g. Mari, Photoshop, Z-Brush, Mudbox, Substance Painter)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Gym Discounts
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.