Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with around 65 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
Our plans for 2020 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission-driven and customer-led culture.
The allplants website is integral to our business. In the coming months we have several green-field projects to rebuild major parts of our digital experience, and have many iterative experiments to increase conversion rate.
Have ownership throughout.
- Be hands-on and build amazing things that will wow our customers.
- Coordinate the planning, execution and release of projects, working closely with the Product team.
Be a team player.
- Work in cross-functional squads with the platform engineers, Product and Marketing to iteratively create sector-leading digital experiences
- Work alongside senior and junior engineers to share skills and knowledge throughout the team
- Contribute to hiring and further building out our team of top-notch engineers
- Help us refine our existing development and team processes to work even smarter
- A pathway into managerial responsibilities and/or continued individual contribution
You will be reporting into Barney Jackson, our Head of Engineering. You can find out a bit more about him here and here.
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
- Deep knowledge of at least one modern framework such as React.js or Next.js
- Understanding of working with REST APIsAbility to effectively trade-off quality and execution speed
- Desire to share knowledge and enable others
- A love for the JS ecosystem with a finger on the pulse of the latest developments
- Some exposure to GraphQL
- Bonus points for experience with Python, Shopify or Prismic
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
- Be part of a business with purpose (certified B-Corp), using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Salary - £33,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)
- A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- Listed as Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for ✌️
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
We’re currently based in Seven Sisters (N15 4QA). We will be moving to our new office by the end of 2019, where the closest station will be Blackhorse Road.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.