About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking a Head of European Policy to join the Boom policy team. You will be responsible for developing policies and strategies in the European market. Through advocacy and outreach, you will help educate European policymakers and the public about the supersonic future.
- Together with Boom Policy Team, develop a public policy strategy that prioritises the issues and opportunities that impact Boom in Europe.
- Initiate, coordinate and perform informational audience briefings and communications campaigns aimed at key European stakeholders.
- Coordinate Boom’s position on defined topics and desired policy measures, engaging directly with the European aviation community.
- Monitor key policy developments that affect Boom in Europe.
- Prepare and follow-up with written and oral communications EU-based organizations, committees and task force meetings with the aim of developing Boom positions and actively contributing to achieving Boom objectives.
- Ensure consistency and share learnings with the rest of the Boom policy team on Boom’s positions in Europe, the US, and the rest of the world.
- Identify potential European partners or relevant other stakeholders for Boom positions and advocacy involvement.
- Help establish Boom’s brand and reputation across the EU policy community through strategic thought leadership and other communications initiatives, including: Development and implementation of a regional communications strategy; Drafting of editorial contributions for Boom-owned platforms and third-party media.
- 8+ years of global aviation policy experience
- University degree in political science, public policy or communications; graduate study appreciated
- Deep understanding of the EU policy-making process and established relationships with EU policymakers and institutions
- Significant experience with global aviation organizations such as ICAO, ASD, ECAC, CAEP, etc.
- Knowledge of the structures and working methods of EU institutions, specifically of the European Parliament, European Commission and Council; Practical experience in working with those institutions is an advantage
- Proven ability to develop high-impact, multi-level external advocacy and communications programmes
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication in English; additional languages are a plus.
- International working experience is a distinct advantage
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple and clear language
- Ability to manage a diversity of views and reach consensus in a multicultural environment
- Integrity and professional manner, confidentiality and impartiality in all dealings
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure and undertake multiple projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrate leadership, initiative, maturity of judgement and decision-making
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.