Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a senior member of the Bring Your Own Engine (BYOE) team, you will lead our efforts in building integrations for any game engine, to enable our customers to build new and innovative online games on SpatialOS.
Working in the BYOE team gives the opportunity to contribute to games in prototype and production, worked on by AAA studios. You'll be masters of SpatialOS and gain an understanding with a game's infrastructure on par with core developers of the game.
You will get to experience our technology in the wild, and in the hands of real users. You'll have the power and freedom to make changes from the inside at the right level of abstraction, and will witness the impact your work has in enabling our customers to build on SpatialOS.
- Using your extensive background in Game Engine programming, you will lead our efforts to create bespoke integrations for any proprietary Engine.
- You will become a master of SpatialOS, and will have the opportunity to work with a variety of customers, engines and technologies as we continue to grow.
- You'll have a demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and/or game development.
- You will use your knowledge and working experience of game engines (e.g., Unity, Unreal or CryEngine), and will enjoy the opportunity to broaden your skills to new engines and technologies.
- Working directly with our customers, you will establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
Experience of the following would be advantageous
- Deep knowledge of C++ and experience in a core tech role. C# and scripting skills also desirable.
- Experience with implementing features for multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of implementing gameplay or elements of gameplay (e.g., combat mechanics, AI behaviours, pathfinding).
- We are looking for broad console platform experience, PC optimization or mobile engine experience is also very desirable.
- Experience in a wide skill set is a big plus as you'll get lots of variety. So broad knowledge of animation, physics, optimisation, multi-threading, build systems and continuous integration, scene management and resource management would benefit the team in general.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.