With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
Software Engineers are responsible for building the most scalable products to capitalize on the above opportunity. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, designers, data scientists and our client groups - deploying high quality code quickly, that is available to customers in a matter of days. You will hone your technical skills on our fully cloud architecture - AWS, PostgreSQL, Python / JS, Lambda and Docker Containers - in a mission critical financial services environment.
- 4+ years of experience building and deploying applications on AWS in a variety of languages (Python, JS, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies (Scrums) and ability to independently translate user requirements to engineering features
- Commercial orientation to focus on shipping product while maintaining a high standard
- Someone that thrives in a high pace organization and prizes working with a brilliant team that is equal parts fun and drive
- Experience in financial services is a benefit but not required
- University degree in computer science or demonstrated track record in building large scale products
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.