With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
- Report to Head of Credit Risk and working with Portfolio Management team to manage all credit risk aspects of the business
- Work with, challenge and develop the Business Development team and India Analysis team to achieve high quality review and analysis of SME lending applications
- Meet clients with Debt Finance Team, giving early structuring and credit appetite steer
- Produce high quality independent analysis and recommendations to Credit Committee
- Record of credit decisions
- Assist with the production of documentation and taking of security and any other post sanction conditions, taking loans very quickly to drawdown
- Support Portfolio Management team in any monitoring/problem management processes
- Record data on lending applications and assess reliability of risk models within the Bank
- Ensure that the data used by the firm to assess its risks is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity and breadth
- Assist with the collation and review of credit risk Key Risk Indicator data
- Assist with the preparation of KRI reports
- Deep knowledge and experience of SME cash flow based lending and financial analysis
- Strong knowledge of credit risk models associated with the analysis of SME clients
- Specialist SME sector and credit risk assessment/analysis techniques
- Experienced in relation to analysis of Leveraged, Management Buy-out/Buy-in type transactions
- Deep knowledge of corporate structuring and covenant setting
- Knowledge of wider risks associated with full SME product lifecycle, including origination, optimisation, collections and recoveries
- Able to relate well to the front office/customers
- Experience of risk and control techniques, as applied to SME credit processes, including both the theory and application in practice
- Experience of dealing with clients in problem/recoveries situations
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.