About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves affordable and simple access to legal services.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the largest and most widely used online legal service platforms in the world. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding the London engineering team to take on this challenge!
About the Position
Rocket Lawyer is looking for a Database Engineer to help manage our dynamic, e-commerce site. Data is at the core of our application, and we are looking for an individual who can help manage our databases and work in collaboration with our US-based database team to support product development.
A Day in the Life - The DBA will be assisting in a number of areas, including:
- Work with the product development team to design and implement our data architecture
- Understand the business vision and help to translate it into reality through design of data models and flows; combine big picture thinking with attention to details of how different parts of the system interact
- Understand the value of data to the business, and how specific data elements contribute to the larger picture.
- Support our developers’ agile processes, including schema reviews and query tuning
- Support migration of data workloads to public cloud
- Day to day management of database operations for a 24x7 e-commerce web site
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation
- Monitor and maintain schema objects
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in SQL database design and administration
- Experience with the administration, configuration, and tuning of customer-facing database -- Postgres preferred but also looking for expertise in MySQL and MSSQL
- Demonstrable experience in logical and physical database design/modeling
- Demonstrable experience with running databases on Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable experience analyzing explain plans
- Demonstrable experience with NOSQL databases and big data tools such as Hadoop, HBase, etc.
- ETL experience
- Versatile in data technology, able to adapt to changes in tools and methods
- College level class in relational databases
If this role sounds like you, please hit the apply button!