Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
As the Customer Success Manager - Degrees, you will be based out of Coursera’s London office and will own a portfolio of enterprise accounts who are offering Coursera’s Degree programs to their employees. This is a pioneering initiative for Coursera where we believe that transformative learning in not only about taking courses but also building skills associated with a degree credential. Your goal will be to help make our customers successful by helping them achieve their desired outcomes. Your performance will depend on your ability to identify customer needs, solve real-time challenges, balance high-priority demands from competing stakeholders while maintaining strong relationships. In this cross-functional role, you can expect to work with members within Sales, Marketing, Product, University Partnerships, Finance, Learner Operations, and Legal in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success.
- Own strategic customer relationships with Fortune 1,000 companies
- Be part of the core team that builds Coursera’s strategy for how Coursera can help drive online degree education within Enterprise organizations across the globe
- Ensure customer success, ultimately defined by customer return on investment and advocacy, by ensuring renewal and growth of the customer
- Develop and execute account plans, business reviews to deliver on revenue/growth goals and share best practices
- Develop programs to increase engagement of customers and drive their key metrics, working closely with our content strategy, product, and marketing teams to ensure learner success
- 5+ years account management or sales experience
- Strong, proven sense of customer empathy and customer-centricity
- Consistent track record of past achievements including the ability to manage external stakeholders and grow accounts
- Excellent interpersonal skills shown by ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments especially given the pioneering nature of this role
- Understanding of the Higher Education system with respect to curriculum and student experience would be desired, but not required