Founders Pledge is a charity that brings together a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to the most pressing global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. Our in-house research and advisory team helps them understand how and where those donations will create the biggest impact based on the latest evidence from the sector. We facilitate grants to charities around the world on behalf of our members and offer access to a global network of experts, at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised nearly $2 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1,250 members, it includes the people behind industry-leading companies including WeWork, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and intelligent writer who can take our detailed, academic research reports and translate them into engaging copy, suitable for a wide range of audiences, including time-pressed entrepreneurs and generalist media.
Your work will allow us to better present and explain our research and recommendations to our members, and ultimately help guide them toward more informed and strategic philanthropy. The ability to understand complex information and present data, reasoning and recommendations in a clear and concise way is key, as is the ability to tell a compelling story. Your ability to understand the delicate and sensitive nature of the work we are doing - in making recommendations for certain charities and cause areas over others - and being able to use your high levels of emotional intelligence to craft sympathetically-worded copywriting will help you thrive in this role.
Additional writing projects will include research-based copy for media, regular blog posts on a range of topics, (including our approach to philanthropy, responses to relevant news agenda), and contributions to pivotal speeches and presentations.
Reporting to our Marketing & Communications Director and working closely with the research team, you will be responsible for:
- Producing high quality written communications that support our members in their understanding of our research
- Working with the research team to identify the most compelling stories within our findings
- Making sure our written communications are accurate and relevant, as well as engaging and educational
- Collating our research into different media formats relevant to the intended audience
- Helping develop the style in which our research is presented to our members, as well as to the public, through marketing materials
This role is perfect for someone with a breadth of writing experience who has:
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with fluency in English and an ability to adhere to a tone of voice
- Excellent comprehension and an ability to identify key themes and important information from within complex reports
- High levels of emotional intelligence and ability to understand sensitivities within the subject matter
- An ability to think carefully about the potential risks involved in communication and the necessity for sensitivity in our writing
- A passion for impact and doing good
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a dynamic organisation across different teams
Why work with us
- Help shape the future of strategic philanthropy
- Join a team of talented, mission-driven individuals
- Generous vacation time to let you recharge and refresh
- Private healthcare through BUPA
- A well-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, coffee, tea and healthy snacks
- Discounted gym membership and on-site massages
- Office dogs!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.