Foundry is in search of a CI Software Engineer specialising in CI configuration management for our Foundry-wide Platform Team. This role will focus on the build infrastructure across the portfolio, both working directly on refining our cross-platform Jenkins infrastructure (using CMake/Conan under the hood). As part of the latter, you will help define best practice and play a part in educating the company as a whole, helping contribute to tech workshops and reading clubs for use of Jenkins including the configuration of matrix jobs, slave management, and groovy scripting. We would also like you to contribute to the scripts that plug the build pipeline together. Your focus on enabling our product teams to be able to look after their build, release, and test infrastructure whilst sharing technology, know-how, and code rather than one of looking after these functions for those teams.
Need some more information? Email email@example.com with any questions or queries!
- Work as part of our centralised Platform Team partnering with product teams to maintain, improve, develop, document and implement automated build, release, and test pipelines, prioritising self-service so that individual teams are knowledgeable and independent.
- Play an active part in aiding troubleshooting of build pipelines, collating and prioritising feedback to input back into the roadmap for the platform team and product teams.
- Educate, mentor, and develop a similar skill set within our product teams focussing on enabling them to self serve.
- As with all Software Engineer roles at Foundry, you will help to ensure the quality, scalability, and extensibility of the code that we’re writing - starting with your own but extending to code reviews and design of others as well.
- 3 - 5 years experience, preferably with a development background
- Significant experience of build and release engineering in that experience
- Strong experience with build management and continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, or Travis
- Experience with Jenkins and Groovy scripting would be strongly preferred
- Proficiency with a scripting language such as Python
- Experience of Version Control Systems (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Experience with cross-platform development (OSX, Linux, Windows) beneficial
- Experience of the virtualization platforms (e.g. vSphere) and containerisation beneficial
- Experience with C/C++ is a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension scheme & life assurance
Health cash plan & medical insurance,
Season ticket loan
Company’s social events
Beer O’Clock Fridays
Learning & development plans
Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.