We are looking for talented and highly motivated Software Engineers to join our engineering team. Arkera is a market intelligence AI platform built by a team of Traders, Data Scientists and Engineers collaboratively uncovering the most valuable intelligence for financial markets participants from an ocean of information.
We are changing the financial sector every day by developing great products and ambitious technology. Our clients are the biggest Investment Banks and Hedge Funds.
Your will help us develop our server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end to help us build our range of products that are highly scalable and customisable.
You will become part of a tight-knit, agile and multidisciplinary team, working on a range of engineering challenges from building highly scalable data pipelines and high performance algorithms to automating our colleagues' workflow.
We are hiring at all levels, from “Interns“ to “Seniors“, but each Software Engineer in the team reports directly to the CTO as we don't have further layers of management or trivial role titles. Responsibilities are shared according to skills and experience and technical decisions are taken together as a team.
Even if some of our engineers have a preference or natural inclination for backend, frontend or infrastructure services, we consider all of our engineers as fullstack (check our Fullstack Software Engineer job opening) because the team works across the stack and there is no limitation on what you want to learn or work on and you will actively shape your sprints on a weekly basis.
What you will do ✍️
- Write and own services that contribute to our platform allowing us to build highly scalable products
- Work within the engineering team on the backend, frontend and / or infrastructure to build our platform
- Help spec, critique and architect services with your team, including documenting decisions and plans
- Help explore new ideas and methodologies for solving our problems
- Actively participate in code review of your own, and your team's work
This job is perfect for you if you have 👍
- A real desire to be the best software engineer that you can be
- A good understanding of engineering principles, as well as structuring and testing code
- Either a degree in computer science (or similar) or equivalent experience working on projects / top tier companies
- A constant hunger to learn about and implement new ideas
- Experience with at least one object oriented programming language
- You write software in your free time or contribute to open source projects
- You actively participate in software communities (attending meetups, hackatons, writing blogs, conferences etc.)
What you will get 🎁
- Competitive starting salary based on skills and experience (anywhere between £35,000 and £85,000 per year)
- Clear career progression
- Private health insurance and private pension plan
- Remote working option - on Wednesdays you can work from anywhere!
- Free breakfast, coffees, beers and drinks, ping pong tables and many other WeWork perks
- Discounted gym membership
- Regular team social events
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, a remote code test, and a half-day on-site interview. The process usually takes about 1 week in total but our fastest hire was in just 24 hours!!! 🏃
We have an awesome private office at
WeWork South Bank Central!
WeWork South Bank Central!