Sr. Electrical Engineer/Estimator
Pernix Group, Inc. Lombard, IL
Pernix Group is a leading construction company, offering diversified general contracting, design/build, construction management, preconstruction consulting, EPC, and O&M services to private clients and public agencies. We have provided construction services since 1995 and have established a strong reputation within the Government, Commercial & Industrial, and Power markets by executing complex projects on-time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
- Break down scope of work into definable tasks (WBS development).
- Review and comprehend technical and administrative documents such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Determine work crews and production rates for performance of required tasks.
- Function as a project estimator / discipline estimator in development of cost proposals.
- Determine list of material takeoffs to define quantities of work materials (i.e. BOM or BOQ and price)
- Strong technical knowledge in electrical construction, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection; training experience
- Passionate about best practices and excellence in the industry.
- Experience in an electrical contracting environment is a plus
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions, and trade practices.
- Exposure to major projects (i.e. office buildings, hi-rise, hospital/healthcare, hospitality, hi-tech, biopharma, higher education, laboratory, and government project experience); International experience
- Conceptual estimating, and negotiated project experience is a plus, but competitive hard bid experience is also valued.
- Field experience is a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 years of electrical construction career progression with an emphasis on estimating and preconstruction.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Civil, Electrical, or Electrical Engineering; Electrical degree strongly preferred
- Some international travel might be required
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and maintain a security clearance; current clearance is a plus