Valdes is a 200-person, multidisciplinary, engineering and project management company with an expert focus on the energy industry. Every client project is assigned a dedicated team of professionals who provide personalized services and solutions. The Valdes success model consists of streamlined work processes, attention to detail, technical expertise, and an unyielding commitment to client satisfaction, safety and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- 5-10 Years (or more) of experience working in a Power Generation, Distribution, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and/or Industrial engineering environment
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Low to medium voltage power distribution system design and layout
- Instrumentation identification and installation package development as well as application design including data sheets, loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, instrument lists, input / output lists, and scope of work development.
- Instrumentation skills including: reading or developing P&IDs , Instrument selection and specifications, control valve and primary element sizing, instrument loop diagrams, locations plans and installation details, and interconnection and wiring diagrams.
- Distributed Control System interface design experience
- Lighting design and grounding and lightning protection
- Electrical heat trace design
- Development of wiring diagrams and schematics
- Application of medium to low voltage transformers
- Application of uninterruptible power systems
- Conduit, cable tray and underground duct bank design
- Electrical calculations including device coordination and voltage drop
- Senior Engineers are expected to be leaders of projects and project teams and responsible for managing project man-hour budgets and scheduling of department man-hours
- Strong technical skills and an ability to mentor and assist staff in all aspects of electrical design, including I&C specifications and selection
- Supervise and monitor project staff ensuring that engineering packages are completed on time and within budget for the project they are responsible for.
- Ability to analyze, design and produce engineering packages for clients and prepare instrumentation specifications for purchase
- Ability to establish and maintain good business relationships with key client contacts throughout the project
- Extensive knowledge of required design codes and the knowledge to establish design criteria and ensure staff is following proper protocol
- On-site interface with client engineering representative and other discipline engineers
- Review, check and analyze design drawings prior to client submittals
- Responsible for ensuring that documents produced by the team members follow both internal and client quality standards
Valdes Engineering Company is looking for bright and talented people that want to take their career to the next level. We offer many rewarding career paths to challenge and engage our employees at all phases of their careers. Our office provides a team environment, and excellent working conditions, which allow individuals to maximize their potential. Valdes Engineering offers an outstanding benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K plan, Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, and Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance and tuition reimbursement.