Asset Protection Associate
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
The Asset Protection Associate (APA) is responsible for the detection, apprehension, or deterrence of customer and associate activity that could result in a loss to Ralph Lauren. APAs are also responsible for ensuring a safe environment for all customers, associates, and vendors. APAs promote and monitor compliance to Ralph Lauren policies and procedures related to theft prevention, safety, and inventory control.
This position will be based in the Locust Grove PFS location and will report to the Regional Manager of Asset Protection.
The APA is also required to promote awareness and conduct training within various areas of operational execution. This position reports to the AP Manager and/or District Manager of AP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safety of all customers and associates by promoting and ensuring operational compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Follow all company guidelines while conducting surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects
- Must be able to work surveillance on the sales floor requiring a focused attention to detail to identify potential external and internal theft
- Must be able to operate and monitor the store security/ safety systems, including CCTV
- Assists APM/ RMAP in conducting internal theft investigations at the specific direction of the APM/ RMAP
- Monitors facility/ store access to deter and detect the unauthorized removal of company assets
- Completes audits of operational, safety, and inventory control related procedures
- Maintain relationships with local law enforcement and mall security and represent Ralph Lauren in court proceeding related to apprehensions
- Completes all incident and investigation reports, and all paperwork related to audits and other shrink reduction programs; Ensures that required reports are submitted to their respective APM/ DMAP in an accurate, professional, and timely manner
- Assist in the planning, execution and reconciliation of inventory
- Partner with store in the development and execution of shrink reduction plans and awareness programs
- Develop partnerships with Store Management and Associates allowing for greater awareness to shrink causing issues, safety, and other Asset Protection programs and initiatives
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- 1-2 years experience within a retail environment preferred
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must complete all pre-hire paperwork including a background check
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Windows, Excel)
- Working knowledge of CCTV monitoring systems preferred
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Ability to work day or evening hours, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines
- Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in time sensitive situations
- Must be willing to stand and walk the sales floor for 6-8 hours per shift and willing to lift/ move objects 20lbs. or greater (as needed)
- State licensed, as required, preferred, if not licensed must satisfy all licensing requirements within allotted time
Asset Protection Associate
- < Back to search results
Apply now Share Share Asset Protection Associate with Facebook Share Asset Protection Associate with Twitter Share Asset Protection Associate with a friend via e-mail
Sign up to receive job notifications.