Merakey is currently seeking fee for service Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) to join our Mental Health Division in the Lock Haven area. This is a community-based position and will require coming into the Williamsport office once a week.
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Therapeutic Staff Support are responsible for implementation of specific interventions to stabilize the child or adolescent, lending support family efforts to stabilize the child or adolescent and to promote developmentally and/or age appropriate behavior. Therapeutic Staff support are responsible to model intervention techniques for members of the treatment team (ie the parent, grandparent, care givers, teachers, Personal Care Aide) for the transfer of skills which allows for successful discharge of services. The TSS works with other members of the treatment team and other professionals working in the home or other community setting, this includes the family.
- Work one-on-one with child and adolescent
- Implements a behavior modification treatment plan targeting the recommendations from the psychological evaluation and developed by the family and the Behavioral Specialist Consultant or Mobile Therapist. The psychologist will determine the setting for implementation of the treatment plan based upon medical necessity.
- Utilizing prescribed interventions as needed when the child exhibits problematic behaviors in each particular setting. Targeting child specific antecedent, behavioral/teaching, consequent, reinforcement strategies as identified in the treatment plan.
- Collects behavioral and program data during sessions, from each environment.
- Maintains contact with case specific Behavioral Specialist Consultant or Mobile Therapist
- Maintains progress notes for every session
- Part-time hours on a flexible schedule, based on client's schedule.
- Therapeutic Staff Support services provide one-on-one interventions to a child or adolescent at home, school, day care, YMCA, other community-based program, or community setting when the behavior without this intervention would require a more restrictive treatment or educational setting
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, education, criminal justice, or similar human service field, with no previous work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in any other field, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents
- Licensed registered nurses, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents
- Associate's Degree, or sixty credits toward a Bachelor's Degree, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents
- Licensed practical nurses, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents.