SCM Operations Consultant
This position is term limited to the end of 2020 unless otherwise determined by management to extend.
Initiates and manages projects focused on UEM supply chain operational improvement. Work activities and projects include: operational assessments; process documentation; process improvement; and data analytics. Focuses on guidance for Regional Health Ministry (RHM) supply chain leaders to improve operational metrics and achieve defined goals. Provides education and training for RHM tactical leaders in order to comply with system standard operating procedures and efficiency standards.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Demonstrates innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment. Gathers and analyzes available data for various supply chain operational functions at the RHM. Conducts operational assessments and leads process improvement projects through process mapping, time and motion studies, as well as collecting and analyzing data from the ERP and other data sources, working closely with RHM and System Office supply chain colleagues.
3. Sets and maintains high standards of self performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks. Develops action plans with milestones for various supply chain operational elements, including receiving, inventory management, freight spend, Par optimization, Replenishment and appropriate utilization of available tools.
4. Follows-up with RHM supply chain leaders with data interpretation and tracking progress against action plan outlining operational changes. Resolves complex problems in complex project or business environments.
5. Performs special research projects or technical studies as required to support the UEM supply chain operations as required.
6. Develops and/or identifies and helps implement best practices for all logistics supply chain processes (i.e. Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Management). Works with Supply Chain Directors to share best practices and develop system standard operating procedures that can be incorporated into daily work processes.
7. Helps with evaluation and implementation of inventory management systems like Kanban, Low unit of measure, Par Optimization, Point of Use inventory systems and other technologies to better assist supply-chain.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
1. Possess knowledge of supply chain management practices as normally obtained through a Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University, or equivalent experience.
2. Five to seven years of experience in Supply Chain operations, knowledge and experience
with healthcare operations preferred.
3. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point and be able to develop and publish professional reports and communication.
4. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Must be able to develop collaborative relationships and work well with associates across all levels within the UEM. Must possess the ability to direct and organize the work of others and engender creative and critical thinking of others.
5. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
2. Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites (80%) as needed.
3. Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures