The Team Lead is responsible for supporting the activities within a department of a specific facility. In addition, the Team Lead oversees the daily department production activity and facilitates departmental workflow, while working closely with the Supervisor and/or Manager. The Team Lead also trains, assists, and monitors staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Inform, implement, and communicate all departmental and company policies and procedures.
- At the direction of the Manager, Team Lead may communicate directly with client and/or client personnel on status of requests, disposition of inquiries, etc.
- Assure that inventory audits are performed regularly, escalating any and all non-reconciled discrepancies to direct Manager.
- Assure that appropriate production level documentation is completed for all production staff.
- Complete production and quality assurance reports.
- Train new staff as needed, and coach/counsel staff with the assistance of the Manager.
- Delegate and direct daily workflow needs to employees.
- Monitor employee performance and attendance and submit appropriate documentation to Manager for disciplinary and performance review purposes.
- Receipt, retrieval, and delivery of all requested file and/or containers per client request and within established Service Level Agreements
- Assure that safety protocols are followed at all times, escalating any issues directly to Management.
- Perform daily inspection of facilities, assuring the production site is clean, organized, and free of hazards as well as inspecting all entry points of breaches and/or potential breaches to building security. Escalate immediately, any issues of concern to Management.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
- KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- 1 - 3 years of production and/or clerical experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal/relationship skills
- Excellent prioritizing and time management skills.