Client and Patient Services Coordinator
CooperGenomics is a reference laboratory for a variety of genetic tests. Most of the tests performed at CooperGenomics are sent from referring IVF centers. Client and Patient Services Coordinators (CPSCs) have a vital role in client service and patient care and serve as the liaison between the IVF center, the CooperGenomics team, and the patient. The CPSCs are the client advocates ensuring the client's and their respective patient's needs and concerns are addressed on all levels. The CPSCs provide coordinated care to patients of the referring IVF centers by developing a plan, monitoring progress, and ensuring patients successful journey through CooperGenomics system. The CPSCs facilitate patient interaction with the CooperGenomics Genetic Counseling team and the CooperGenomics Billing team. CPSCs daily focus is to improve the client and patient experience while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Orient and educate clients and their patients about testing process determined by ordering physician, the role of the patient care coordinator, information on CooperGenomics related fees as well as financial paperwork and assists patent in navigating through the process.
- Monitor delivery of CooperGenomics services by completing daily review of incoming requisition forms and patient schedule; documenting progress of care (interactions with genetic counseling and billing); identifying progress toward desired care outcomes; intervening to overcome deviations in the expected plan of care; reviewing the care plan with patients in conjunction with the direct care providers; interacting with involved departments to negotiate and expedite scheduling and completion of protocols, procedures, and consults; reporting personnel and performance issues to the Manager; maintaining ongoing communication with CooperGenomics team regarding variances from the care plan.
- Initiates communication with patients and coordinates CooperGenomics services upon reception of requisition forms for testing from referring IVF centers.
- Answer all calls and emails to patient timely. Obtains detailed information and documents interactions in CooperGenomics systems and resolves all needs daily prior to close of business.
- Coordinates more detailed calls with billing department when patient needs detailed information on refunds, insurance coverage or claim submission, or requests itemized and payment receipts.
- Liaison to Genetic Counseling Team
- Manages client issues that need to be addressed and when necessary escalates appropriate issues to Manager.
- Ensures all communication and patient interactions comply with HIPPA requirements and other governing regulations. Ensures patients confidentiality is always maintained.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains patient care database by entering new information as it becomes available; verifying findings and reports; uploads all documents
- Assists in updating all internal parties with cost changes, including patient services, billing, and lab
- Responsible for distributing and collecting consents via DocuSign.
- Confirms receipt of documentation with patients and clients
- Monitors ZenDesk for any new assigned tickets and handles in timely manner
- The ability to provide excellent customer service is paramount. This position requires exceptional attention to detail with superior verbal and written communication skills. Applicants must be comfortable communicating with clients, doctors, staff members and patients in a compassionate and professional manner. The candidates must also be careful listeners, comfortable building relationships, able to resolve conflict, focused on team work and HIPPA compliance.
- A High School Diploma is required as a minimum, but a Bachelor's Degree is highly desired. We are willing to consider someone pursuing a degree that can demonstrate the level of customer service required in a fast paced medical setting. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Go to Meeting, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft access also required.
CooperSurgical is an equal employment opportunity employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CooperSurgical about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at CooperSurgical via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CooperSurgical, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CooperSurgical for this position and a valid agreement with CooperSurgical is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CooperSurgical agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.