Location: Liverpool, NY Department: Dot Transportation, Inc (DTI) Reports To: Operations Management Trainee
Your Role: This position is responsible for controlling, inspecting, recording and tracking inbound and outbound customer and vendor truck traffic.
- Inspect & record inbound vehicle data
- Verifying correct load & temperature settings
- Use of Yard Management systems.
- Process Company Driver check-in paper work
- Notify Safety Department of safety or security accidents, incidents, or violations
- Assist with custom haul load and paperwork tracking
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Schedule: Full-time hourly; Wednesday 11:00 PM - 5:15 AM, and Thursday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 5:15 AM
- Some after-hours driver assistance and overtime required
- Indoor / outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Independent work that is often unsupervised
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive Benefits & Insurance
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- High school diploma
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to prioritize and process simultaneous demands on a routine basis
- Good organizational skills
- Basic Computer Skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
We'd Like You To Have:
- College Degree (Associates or Bachelors)
- Prior transportation knowledge
- Experience communicating positively & effectively with internal & external customers