Description:Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we're accelerating tomorrow's breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
We have an immediate opportunity on our 2nd shift for a Sr Technical Quality Engineering Specialist supporting B track production activities at the Littleton, CO Mechanical Manufacturing Center (MMC). You will perform a variety of tasks for inspecting mechanical hardware to eliminate quality control issues. You will also prepare paper and electronic documentation on nonconforming hardware. Bring your continuous improvement mindset, focus on world class quality, and dedication to the critical responsibility of doing “what's right“ for the product and our customers to ensure the highest quality and success.
This position may require working off shifts and non-standard work weeks and overtime as needed to meet product deliverables.
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associates degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks
- Experience in quality inspection techniques, and identification of nonconforming hardware.
- Ability to comprehend detailed work instructions, interpret engineering drawings, schematics, sketches, specifications and standards
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications, and the use of computer resources to access specifications, engineering drawings, etc.
- Able to work effectively with cross functional groups - Engineering, Program Management and Customers with minimal assistance.
- Displays maturity of action and judgment with a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness from previous work.
- Ability to work second shift (~2-11pm), extended hours, weekends, and holidays depending production needs.
- US citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
- CMM programming and operation
- Knowledge and proficiency using VE-CAMS and SAP Q-notes
- Machined and Composite part measuring skills
- Previous industry related certifications to include: Hardware Torqueing, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics
- Experience with new product introductions, lean manufacturing, cost and quality optimization on the production floor is highly desired
- Quality Assurance inspection background preferred