The Regulatory Strategy team, within the Client Development group, is responsible for business strategy relating to new and existing regulation with a goal to develop solutions that meet regulatory requirements, optimize the client experience and maximize Schwab's competitive advantage to win in the market. The team also manages several key business activities pertaining to risk mitigation and regulatory compliance across Schwab's range of investor services products. To fulfill this vision, the team collaborates with a broad set of stakeholders and partners—our executive leadership, legal and compliance, product and technology, field and client-facing colleagues—to ensure key decisions are designed with a focus on the client experience and executed smoothly across the organization.
Brief description of the role: The Senior Manager role in the Regulatory Strategy team will play a pivotal role in helping drive the team's agenda, serving in various rules such as: project lead for key regulatory initiatives, main point of contact for key governance forums and manager of critical control tasks. The Senior Manager will partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization, and have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of regulatory and strategic risk initiatives. The successful candidate will possess a combination of project management skills, strategic thinking, regulatory knowledge and relationship management abilities that allows them to quickly shift from tactical execution to strategic thinking and be comfortable operating in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. The Senior Manager will report to the MD of Regulatory Strategy.
What you're good at
- Lead strategic regulatory initiatives, partnering with business and control partners to develop strategic point of view as well as execution plans
- Execute key regulatory projects or remediation efforts working with internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, operations, legal, compliance, and supervision and controls.
- Assist with the development of as well as the facilitation of key governance forums for Advisory products.
- Serve as a program manager for regulatory filings like ADVs and 3a-4 as well as maintain adequate field information on regulatory rules and processes.
- Proactively identify areas requiring attention or strengthening and work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to implement improvements in line with applicable regulations, and/or internal policies.
- Drive the process for preparing for various risk committees, working closely with SME product partners, and risk committee representatives.
- Research and analyze regulatory trends and evaluate applicability or risk exposure.
What you have
The ideal candidate will possess the following capabilities:
- A curious mind with a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Demonstrable collaboration skills, with the ability to influence and build consensus with partners
- Ability to think critically to solve problems, including ability to identify initiatives, problem-solve and execute program to meet strategic objectives
- High attention to detail and experience with rigorous quality control approaches with a focus on accuracy, and an eye for continuous improvement
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects that vary in scope and complexity simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, create presentations and present to management
- Team player with strong work ethic and high sense of urgency who is able to work well alone as well as with others on any given project/assignment
- A client-centric focus – keeps clients in forefront of decisions, connects plans and actions to our purpose of serving clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-8 years Financial Services industry experience; relevant risk management, compliance, supervision or audit experience preferred