Looking for a career in an industry focused on designing, developing and rapidly deploying solutions to problems of national importance? ARA's Littleton, Colorado, location has multiple opportunities available immediately. ARA is seeking senior engineers and scientists to support a variety of U.S. DoD and commercial customers in performing electromechanical systems integration, basic and applied acoustics, thermal protective systems, and chemical and biological sensing. A successful candidate will have the willingness and ability to be part of a collaborative research team, a strong passion in specific engineering or scientific area, and the willingness to grow that area within the company.
At ARA, we foster an environment where technical staff are empowered to research and develop their own ideas—with resources and support from a strong internal technical team and external partners. You can expect flexibility in choosing the level of autonomy suited to you, while at the same time enjoying a challenging technical career with great opportunity for personal growth.
Standout candidates will have a desire, if not experience, in one or more of these areas: chemical/biological defense and sensing, electromechanical systems, or specialized materials development and thermal protection systems. Experience in documentation relating to testing, electromechanical design, and modeling will support all aspects of work at ARA; proven experience any of these areas will put a candidate at an advantage. Experience with the following software applications will also be favorable: SOLIDWORKS, MATLAB, LabVIEW, MS Office products.
What you'll do as an ARA Senior Scientist/Engineer:
- Act as a project manager or technical lead in acoustics, thermal protective systems, chem-bio defense, or system integration
- Serve as a technical resource for other engineers and scientists within the company, depending on specialized expertise
- Have the opportunity to grow business in your areas of expertise and interest
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physics, or a related field
- U.S. citizen; must have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or past experience performing R&D for National Defense applications
- Experience leading technical teams of two to eight people, including subcontractors and consultants
- Experience in chemical/biological defense, thermal protective systems, system integration, or acoustics
- Experience running physics-based and/or engineering predictive models
- Broad technical engineering/science capabilities
- Project management experience to including budgeting, scheduling, risk mitigation, reporting
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and independently
- Business development skills and a proven track record of sustained funding is highly favorable