Lead Software Engineer
Aerotek is looking for a lead software engineer on an indefinite contract who is capable of leading the flight link software development
This person will be responsible for:
- Weather sensor and communication system for flight deck capabilities for aircraft.
- Troubleshooting field issues and lead the testing for all software development.
- Interfacing with software developers, hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, quality engineers, and program managers through the development and product lifecycle
- Wearing multiple hats and support many moving functions within the development process
- supporting up to 4-5 projects at one time
- Bachelor of Science degree related to software
- 15+ years of experience
- Experience working with embedded C, C++
- Experience working with VxWorks OS
- Experience working with JIRA and JAMA (DOORS)
- Ability to wear multiple hats at once
- Experience working in the aviation/avionics industry
- Preferred experience with DO-178B
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.