Lead Patient Care Coordinator - Lone Tree Pediatrics, Littleton
OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding Lead Patient Care Coordinator to join our team at Lone Tree Pediatrics in Littleton! Come join a great group of medical professionals as our network continues to grow!
OnPoint Medical Group is a physician-led network of skilled Primary and Urgent care providers who are committed to expanding access to quality healthcare in the most effective and affordable manner possible.
Our “Circle of Care“ has one primary goal – to ensure the health and wellness of members and their families. We do this by providing access to a comprehensive menu of medical services from one unified physician group in their neighborhoods. With doctors, nurses, specialists, labs and medical records all interlinked and coordinated, patient care has never been in better hands.
Assists the Practice Manager through overseeing front desk personnel with training and management of daily activities if front desk staff. Also, responsible to greet patients, activate patient files, and move patients through a pre-determined protocol, at a OnPoint Medical Group clinical office (family, pediatrics, OB-GYN). Hours of operation vary by clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time.
- Responsible to manage front desk operations on a daily basis. Including scheduling of staff, staff development and training.
- Accountable for following and enforcing the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability
- Responsible to be the first line to handle complaints and concerns from patients and staff.
- Responsible for greeting incoming patients in a friendly and professional manner.
- All incoming calls should be answered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Completes administrative duties that ensure the patient’s visit is smooth, billing can be processed timely and accurately, and front office remains clutter free and organized.
- Responsible to ensure co pays and balances due are collected at the time of visit and in accordance with patient insurance guidelines.
- Ensure the lobby/front desk area are kept clean and organized.
- Performs clerical activities related to appointment scheduling and patient intake, data verification, office communications, and filing of patient records
- Prepares the office for opening and cleans up at the end of the day (also includes help rotating schedule for break room)
- Coordinate and attend meetings as requested
- Follows all OMG standards, policies and procedures and/or government guidelines. Including HIPAA and privacy laws.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
- 1-2 years of experience in a physician office or clinical environment
- Customer Service Experience
- Strong computer skills required
- Some college – medical, business, accounting focus
- Supervisor experience preferred
- Current CPR card
- EMR experience preferred-Athenahealth practice management system
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Provide customer service in accordance to clinic mission
- Demonstrate ability to be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements
- Enact proper chain of command for patient complaints
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
APTITUDES AND TEMPERAMENTS REQUIRED
- Must have a high level of energy with the ability to adjust to any justifiable pace.
- Make decisions based more on fact than feeling
- Exhibit behavior which emphasizes compassion, quality, loyalty and conscientiousness
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families and staff members
This position has supervisory responsibilities for Patient Care Coordinator employees, as assigned
JOB ELEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4% match that vests immediately
- Paid Time-Off earned
Salary: $20 - $24 / hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
OnPoint Medical Group is an EEO Employer.