Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
We are currently seeking a Facilities Services Director for the Facilities Operations & Services (FO&S) organization responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships between Lockheed Martin (LM) Space Facilities and all customer and partners operating across the enterprise ensuring innovative facilities strategies, solutions, and services are delivered with flawless execution of budget and scheduled performance while contributing to enhancing the competitiveness of LM Space and creating a positive employee experience.
This role is responsible for enterprise oversight and execution of facilities operations to include maintenance, plant engineering, workspace planning, FO&S Safety, Go Green Sustainability, and sourcing and contract management activities throughout the LM Space Business Portfolio. Additionally, this role will provide and ensure seamless integration of all enterprise facilities services needed to meet commitments to internal partners.
The position will be the primary facilities point of contact for all significant facilities matters affecting LM Space sites' occupants and tenants and will serve as the first “go-to“ facilities leader for Executive Management and enterprise site leadership.
Extensive travel and after hours support for unplanned events is required for this role to support enterprise operations.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the many benefits you available to you as one of our teammates:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college with relevant professional experience and specialized training.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven facilities leadership experience with an organization supporting technical operations and equipment maintenance.
- Exhibits full spectrum leadership behaviors including accountability, delivering results, and building relationships.
- Extensive experience in facilities operations and project cost savings and budget overrun avoidance.
- Experience in change management.
- Leadership experience in a facilities' organization with multiple site responsibility and demonstrated management experience comprised of one or a combination of the following areas:
- Facilities maintenance, plant engineering, capital and overhead budget planning, leading represented employees, union negotiations, contract management, cost control and budgeting, workspace planning, Go Green Sustainability, workplace Safety, and facilities operating management systems.
- Ability to quickly assess and provide leadership direction during unplanned incidents effecting business operations to minimize operational impact.
- Proven facilities leadership experience with an organization supporting technical operations and equipment maintenance related to test labs, clean rooms, technical test equipment such as TVAC, Anechoic and STE, additive manufacturing, complex building support systems, and machining center operations.
- Focus on performance and delivering results with outstanding customer service.
- Master's Degree in Business, Facilities Management, or a related field preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Training/Certification.
- Professional Certifications: Facilities Management. Professional or Certified Facility Manager; (MCR) Masters Commercial Real Estate or (SLCR) Sr. Leader Commercial Real Estate.
- Working knowledge of facilities integrated work order management system (IWMS), facility space planning system, and project management system experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.