The RSA - DOT will be responsible for the delivery of products to customers, completing all required paperwork and documenting activities.
- Perform product deliveries along assigned routes, and other related duties to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water, and request service and repairs as needed.
- Assemble orders for timely delivery to customer businesses, ensuring accurate delivery windows for each route stop.
- Place delivered products in various assigned storage locations at each route stop according to customer requests.
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling.
- Immediately communicate problems to the Transportation Supervisor by phone.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Manage multiple assignments and tasks, ensuring appropriate use of time, equipment, and materials.
- Follow BEK transportation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety guidelines.
- Comply with traffic laws and obey transportation and traffic procedures.
- Follow transportation policies, DOT regulations, food/personal safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for personnel.
- Remain DOT compliant and aware of DOT changes in guidelines.
- Ensure conformance with BEK standards for professional appearance, conduct, and training requirements.
- Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to guarantee the efficiency of transportation operations.
- Review customer invoices to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, and delivered.
- Report mechanical problems, delays, accidents or other traffic situations to base location as needed.
- Turn in receipts and monies received from customer deliveries.
- Maintain records, including vehicle logs, cargo and/or billing statements in accordance with BEK policies.
- Must know and adhere to Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- At least 1 year of route driving experience required
- DOT certification required
- Must be 21 years old due to intertstate driving
- Valid Class A CDL license required
- Ability to understand and enforce regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of customer service principles and quality standards
- Ability to use new applications/proprietary software
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of 50 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills with multiple levels of organization
- Self-motivated; customer-focused
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented; prioritization; Innovative problem solver
- Active listening skills; Independent thinking/decision-making skills
- Commitment to Ben E. Keith company principles and standards
- High school diploma or GED
Drug Screen and Background Check Required
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K with matching contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan (100% company paid)
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means giving full consideration to how all our people who have many diverse racial, cultural, and social backgrounds can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths, and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor