- 0-6 months cash handling experience
- Minimum six (6) months customer service experience
- Minimum six (6) months sales experience is preferred but not required
- 0-2 years of previous banking experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
Job Purpose and Scope:
Serves existing and new customers by providing the kind of exceptional customer service which makes people want to do business with Bank OZK. Participates in business development through the attraction of new customers and recognizing the additional banking needs of current customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recognize the banking needs of customers and fulfill those needs by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions; and striving to become our customers' total financial services provider.
- Complies with Bank policies and procedures; operations policies and procedures; and Federal regulations and security policies and procedures by participating in all dual control functions; auditing other teller drawers; following opening and closing procedures, etc.
- Provides account services to customers by opening and closing checking accounts, savings accounts, receiving deposits, cashing checks, other special services, i.e., IRAs, issue instant debit cards, opening and closing safe deposit boxes, providing special statements, copies, etc.
- Reconciles cash drawer by accurately balancing cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller or designee; maintaining supply of cash and currency.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Accurately and efficiently enters customers' transactions into financial system to record transactions.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Remains current on all continuing education and training courses through Regulation University, Ozark Learning Center, and other training modules as required from time to time.
- Order supplies, including checks and deposit tickets.
- Process loose coin through automatic coin machine or hand roll
- Strap and bundle currency to be sold to the Federal Reserve Bank
- Buy and sell currency to and from the Federal Reserve Bank
- Familiarity with consumer lending application process.
- Filling in at other branch locations, as needed.
- Participate in bank activities as requested
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop new business through product and service knowledge, understanding customers' needs and matching products and services to those needs.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of general math principles and demonstrated skills
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to count cash and balance
- Demonstrate good organizational skills
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in fulfillment of essential functions
- Knowledge of financial software
- Ability to provide services to a wide range of personalities, while demonstrating a professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel
- Ability to take direction from others; comprehend moderate written policies, procedures or instructions; and follow verbal and written instruction
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Photocopy/Fax/Scanning machine
- Instant Issue Debit Card machine
- Coin sorter/wrapper
- Currency counter
- Automatic Teller Machine
- 2 wheel-4 wheel dolly
- Credit Card machine
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
- Lifting/carrying bags of coin weighing up to 50 pounds
- Problem Solving
- Operating a 2 or 4 wheel dolly
- Handling and counting cash and coin
- Customer service