Requisition Number: PHPWE03347
Do you read a dozen tech blogs and tinker with every new technology that comes out? Do you see problems as challenges – opportunities to make something better? Do you want to build web-based software that truly helps people every day? And do you want to have fun and learn new skills while doing it? We can give you that opportunity!
Who are we?
We are the Arkansas State Enterprise of the nationwide company, NIC. We are a talented team of programmers, artists and project managers who are dedicated to improving the lives of Arkansas citizens through the e-government web-based applications we build. We are united by the belief that government doesn’t work how we, The People of the Internet, expect today. We are passionately leading a new era of digital public service, using technology to bring government to the people of Arkansas in proactive, personalized, meaningful and convenient ways.
Our Technology Stack
- Both on-prem and AWS-based hosting
- 80% PHP/Linux/MySQL/NGINX, 20% .NET/C#
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- MacBook workstations
You’ll Need These
- Strong understanding of web development principles (HTTP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and object-oriented programming
- Experience developing in PHP or other similar scripting languages
- Experience with SQL (preferably MySQL), query profiling/tuning, and user management
- Web-oriented development framework experience
- Basic understanding of administering web applications (i.e. code deployments, debugging, etc.)
- The ability to balance code perfection with real-world time-to-market considerations
You’ll Really Stand Out with These
- Experience with PHP and Perl
- Experience with .NET/C#
- Multiple PHP framework experience
- More advanced system administration such as networking or web server configuration
- CI/CD, particularly in Jenkins
- Background with unit testing, especially PHPUnit
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or comparable experience
What's in it for you?
We have a casual work environment in downtown Little Rock with flexible hours and paid covered parking, although we are currently working remotely through the COVID-19 pandemic.
We provide 100% paid, comprehensive medical insurance for you and your family, as well as life insurance, company matched 401K and stock purchase plans. We offer generous personal and vacation leave.
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.