The Education Coordinator manages the central curriculum for the freshman and sophomore years in the College of Medicine concentrating on the day to day issues related to the M1 and M2 curriculum. The tasks associated with managing the central curriculum include course scheduling, classroom scheduling, course testing, reporting of various aspects of the integrated M1 and M2 curriculum, assisting faculty and Curriculum Committee with reports on the freshman and sophomore curriculum. The Education Coordinator serves as central student support to M1 and M2 course directors and preceptors. This position will manage student gradebook, assist with building quizzes and exams and proctoring exams. The Education Coordinator will train faculty and staff on curriculum software. This position will also facilitate team based learning activities for the M1 and M2 students.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Manages the curriculum database for the College of Medicine.
- Analyze reports and develop reports from the curriculum database.
- Teaching evaluations.
- Duty hour reporting
- Patient tracking logs of students and other materials for the College of Medicine Curriculum Committee and the Dean's office staff for use in educational improvement and accreditation.
- Ability to interact and communicate with large audiences in a professional manner.
- Expected to become familiar with the accreditation of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) for schools of medicine.
- Coordinate the gathering and maintaining of necessary materials for accreditation.
- Serves as proctor for national board examinations and support to faculty course directors.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in education, computing or related field plus 3 years' experience coordinating education programs required. Must have customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience in management and/or evaluation of higher educational programs preferred.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Stand: FrequentlySit: FrequentlyWalk: FrequentlyBend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: OccasionallyLift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbsUse hands to touch, handle, or feel: FrequentlyTalk: ContinuouslyHear: ContinuouslyTaste or smell: NeverRead, concentrate, think analytically: ContinuouslyPhysical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office EnvironmentNoise Level: QuietVisual Requirements: Color discrimination, Near visual acuityHazards: None