Day Warehouse Order Selector
Come grow your career with BIX Produce! We have an immediate opening for a Day Order Selector. This position is responsible for hand selecting the correct products from the warehouse, setting up special orders, redeliveries, and will-call orders, and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner. The Day Order Selector will maintain food safety for the delivery and storage process of product.
- Starting pay is $18.50 up to $21.50 an hour
- Located 10 minutes from downtown St. Paul
- 5 days scheduled - must be able to work weekends and flexible on scheduled days
- Hours: Start times vary 6am-8am until Warehouse Completion
- Accurately select product from the warehouse, in accordance with specifications on the label and voice pick system.
- Use voice pick system to locate the product location, size, color, and quantity to be selected.
- Correctly label all orders with identifying pick labels.
- Transport filled orders to staging area; when necessary wrap and
- Responsible for setting up specials, redeliveries, and customer will-calls throughout the day.
- Prepare dry storage for month end inventory; including labeling all pallets with proper counts.
- Assist in stocking and cleaning the warehouse.
- Assist in stacking and boxing orders on pallets as needed for shipment.
- Assist in product quality checks throughout the warehouse.
- Maintain a safe working environment to minimize injuries and workers’ compensation issues.
- Food Safety as it relates to this position.
- All other duties assigned.
- Previous warehouse experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience operating a power pallet jack.
- Previous experience utilizing a voice pick system, but not required
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with people in a professional manner in all types of situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Recognize similarities and differences between words and a series of numbers and read product codes quickly and accurately.
- Sense of urgency with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible regarding tasks and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Basic math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Environment is cold (0 degrees to 40 degrees).
- Requires standing and/or walking for long periods of time (8+ hours per day).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds plus on a regular and consistent basis.
BIX Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer