At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge…. the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a Cyber Systems Administrator to perform key assignments for Mission Systems off-net Engineering and Manufacturing network. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD. and supports large heterogeneous unclassified computer networks that includes Linux, Windows and VMware Virtualization with emphasis on supporting software development teams.
This technical role requires an understanding of concepts including system administration, systems architecture, cyber security, and information assurance and requires the ability to support a diverse user community in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include system design and evaluation, hardware/software installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, repair, monitoring, tuning, automation scripting and general user support. Provide expertise for Horizon View and PRTG Network Monitoring tools. Duties will also include maintaining system documentation, developing infrastructure support procedures, and providing security support.
- 3 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; 0 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- Linux System Administration: Understanding of disparate Linux environments e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu. Professional work experience implementing best practice security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, system administration, and configuration. Experience with LDAP and distributed system management tools.
- Windows System Administration: Proficient administrator across multiple Windows versions including both server and desktop varieties. Experience managing medium to large heterogeneous domains using Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS. Demonstrated ability to audit and identify anomalous behavior across the managed domain. Professional work experience implementing best practice security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, system administration, and configuration. Distributed system troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Proven experience with technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies: VMware, vSphere, vCenter Server, ESXi
- Familiarity with Linux & Windows OS administration.
- Experience with VMware Virtualization products: Microsoft Hyper-V, Vmware vRealize, Horizon View
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools like Tenable's Security Center.
- Experience maintaining Information Systems Security Plan (ISSP).
- CompTIA Security
- Experience with database administration (MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, MongoDB)
- Understanding of Networking technologies including:
- Port security
- VLANs, VLAN trunking, Link Aggregation (LACP), spanning tree
- Layer 3 Routing, CIDR subnetting
- Software Defined Networking & Micro-segmentation
- Understanding of VXLAN and logical networking concepts
- Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper hardware and operating systems would be a plus.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flex and overtime hours with some weekend hours expected.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.