SPN Well Services provides a complementary suite of drilling, completion and production services, including drilling rigs, CATS, coiled tubing, pressure control, electric line, thru tubing, remedial pumping, production tools, and rentals. Offering both individual and packaged services, we support all phases of your well's lifecycle while helping you reduce costs and enhance production. We also offer local leadership, basin-level experience and innovative application of technologies.
Housing not provided. Must live in the Lindsay, OK Area.
The Floorhand works on a well servicing unit and is responsible for performing services on oil and gas wells. The duties of the Floorhand include assisting in rigging up or down, pulling/laying down rods, tubing and casing as well as other functions specified by the customer or well operator. All duties are to be performed according to the company's operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
This position reports to the Operator and requires frequent contact with all crew members, customer representative and other service related company representatives.
- Physical ability to perform medium to heavy manual labor
- Must have a valid driver's license if needed to drive
- Ability to learn or have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the position
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent she/he is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions
- Ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements
- Assists in the rigging up/down of the well service unit by lifting, operating, rig up and down guywires, hydraulic jacks, pad/boards, and emergency equipment which may include SCBA's fire extinguisher, and H2S monitors
- The Floorhand will be required to lift, remove, install and operate wellhead, pumping units and associated production equipment as required by the well operator or other designated company official in performing these duties. Duties may also include driving a company vehicle
- A Floorhand will be required to position, lift, attach, install and work with matting boards, tubing, rods, casing and associated well equipment such as rod trippers, polish rods and JU stripper heads
- The position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the rig operations and company's standards operating procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the company
- Position requires standing, walking, and sitting, while working either indoors or outdoors
- While performing this job, the Floorhand will be required to lift and carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel and or climb ladders or stairs
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the company's safety manual and/or the company's standard operating procedures
- Other requirements include mental, physical and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations and requirements
- This position requires the ability and willingness to wear the following personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment to including, but not limited to; safety glasses, face shields, goggles, ear muffs/plugs, steel toe boots, hard hat, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK chemical suit and gloves, FRC (Fire Retardant Clothing)
- This position will have physical requirements consistent with attached physical requirement descriptions
- Passing the company's drug screening process.
- Passing the company's background check.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will, be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.