Requisition Number: MORTG01455
Have you heard? We are growing! Altra Federal Credit Union is opening a newly constructed office in Lindale, TX, and we are looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator to launch this new team to success! This position will assist Altra members in the Lindale area with all their home buying or home building financial needs.
Mortgage Loan Originators concentrate on cultivating relationships with local realtors and builders, networking with local businesses, and actively promoting Altra through participation in community events and seminars. Mortgage Originators embrace industry trends and new technology, streamlining origination processes to continuously improve the member experience.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducting mortgage loan interviews
- Origination of complete and accurate loan applications
- Maintaining compliance with all internal and external mortgage lending regulations and policies
- Cross-selling Altra products and services that best meet the members' needs and aspirations, allowing them the financial freedoms and opportunities to live their best lives!
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or GED; a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of three years of lending experience (mortgage lending preferred.) Originating experience with proven sales accomplishments in conventional and mortgage loans for sale to the secondary market required, preferably with construction loans and FHA/VA. Bilingual abilities (Spanish/English) a plus!
Helping you live your BEST life!
Altra Federal Credit Union is a federally insured financial institution providing a full range of financial services, from personal and business to lending and investments. Chartered in 1931, Altra is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative serving members in all 50 states and around the globe for over 90 years.
We offer exciting growth and career opportunities to those who strive to learn and are excited to take on new challenges. Job stability and a forward-thinking, innovative culture are just a few of our advantages. For all of us who work here, it's the chance to share important moments and make a real difference in our members' lives that inspires us to do our best work and provide the best possible member experience.
Altra is a Great Place to Work® certified organization for the second year in a row and is ranked #24 on Forbes’ Best Small to Mid-Sized Financial Institutions! We support diversity in the workplace, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A few more reasons why Altra Federal Credit Union is where YOU belong!
- Commitment to community engagement with a focus on youth initiatives; diversity, equity, and inclusion; financial literacy; and Altra Gives Back campaigns, dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve!
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities – job shadows, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of Altra) and peer mentorship programs, on-site training, tuition assistance, and our very own Altra University.
- An innovative and forward-thinking culture driven by our dedicated Business Innovation team.
- An award-winning wellness program that promotes a work life balance and healthy living! Monthly challenges, employee assistance and chaplaincy services, membership discounts, a Fitbit for all employees on Day 1, and paid financial planning opportunities.